A Professional Employer Organization (PEO) is a company that provides comprehensive human resource (HR) services…
All workers shall have equal employment contract opportunities irrespective of age, sex, marital status, family status, disability, race, nationality, or religion. Job seekers are treat fairly and equally. Employment should be offered only to the best-qualified applicants with reference to their merits and abilities to meet the requirements of the jobs. Irrespective of whether they are referrals or direct applicants.
Classification Of Workers And Types Of Employment :
Workers employed in an establishment may be classified in the following classes :
- Apprentice: This type of Worker is employee as a learner and is only paid an allowance during the period of his training.
- Badli / Proxy: A Badli or proxy Worker is employed in the Establishment in the post of a permanent Worker or of a probationer during the period in which he is temporarily absent.
- Casual: A employment contract shall be called a casual worker if he is casually employed in an
establishment for casual work.
- Temporary: A temporary worker is someone who applies for a limited time to do work. That is essentially transitory and will be done in a short amount of time.
- Probationer: A employment contract is call a probationer if he is employee in the Establishment to fill permanent vacancy in a post and have not complete the period of probation.
- Permanent: A permanent Worker is one who is employee on a permanent basis or if he has
satisfactorily completed the period of his probation in the Establishment.
- Seasonal / On-demand: A worker qualifies as a seasonal worker. If he or she applies in any seasonal establishment during a certain season for seasonal employment and works during that season.
Benefits of Employment Contract
An employment contract can provide many benefits for both employers and employees. Here are some of the key benefits of having a contract:
An employment contract can clearly outline the terms and conditions of employment, including job duties, compensation, and expectations.
An employment contract can protect both employers and employees by setting out their rights and obligations.
An employment contract can be customize to meet the needs of the employer and the employee. This can include details such as work schedule, job responsibilities, and compensation.
An employment contract can help attract top talent by offering a clear and comprehensive package of compensation, benefits, and job responsibilities.
An employment contract can help ensure that both the employer and the employee are complying with relevant labor laws and regulations.
An employment contract can help establish accountability by clearly setting out the expectations and responsibilities of both the employer and the employee.
Service type of Employment Contract
A service type of employment contract is a type of contract that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for individuals who will provide services to an employer on a contractual basis. This type of contract is typically use when an employer needs the services of an individual for a specific project or time period, rather than hiring them as a regular employee.
Some key features of a service type of employment contract may include:
- Scope of Work: The contract will outline the specific services that the individual will provide to the employer, as well as any specific deliverables or deadlines.
- Compensation: The contract will outline the compensation that the individual will receive for their services. This may include a flat fee, hourly rate, or other payment structure.
- Duration: The contract will specify the duration of the service period, including the start and end dates.
- Termination: The contract may include provisions for termination, such as a notice period or termination for cause.
- Intellectual Property: The contract may address ownership of any intellectual property created by the individual during the course of the contract.
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure: The contract may include provisions for confidentiality and non-disclosure of the employer’s confidential information.
The Establishment shall specify the category of the Worker in their employment contracts if any or in the letter of appointment. The Establishment shall provide the Worker with an organogram along with their Service Rules. And the same organogram must specify the category of Workers, their numbers, etc. However, under the law, the Worker shall be give an appointment letter.
It is critical to grasp the nature of the work, which is significant in categorizing the Workers. Rather than the category that is assign or mark to him. The law focuses on the job and not on the individual person to decide what the
category of that Worker is.