All business productivity depends on three things .These are Human Resources. Capital Resources, Physical Resources.…
All workers shall have equal opportunities of employment irrespective of their age, sex, marital status, family status, disability, race, nationality, or religion. Job seekers are to be treated fairly and equally. Employment should be offered only to the best-qualified applicants with reference to their merits and abilities to meet the requirements of the jobs irrespective of whether they are referrals or direct applicants.
Classification of workers and Types of Employment :
Workers employed in an establishment may be classified in the following classes :
- Apprentice: This type of Worker is employed as a learner and is only paid an allowance during the period of his training.
- Badli / Proxy: A Badli or proxy Worker is employed in the Establishment in the post of a permanent Worker or of a probationer during the period in which he is temporarily absent.
- Casual: A Worker shall be called a casual worker if he is casually employed in an
establishment for casual work.
- Temporary: A temporary worker is employed for a temporary period for work which is
essentially of temporary nature, and is likely to be finished within a limited period.
- Probationer: A Worker is called a probationer if he is employed in the Establishment to fill a
permanent vacancy in a post and has not completed the period of probation.
- Permanent: A permanent Worker is one who is employed on a permanent basis or if he has
satisfactorily completed the period of his probation in the Establishment.
- Seasonal / On-demand: A worker shall be called a seasonal worker if he is employed in any seasonal establishment during a particular season for seasonal work and s/he works throughout that season.
The Establishment shall specify the category of the Worker in their employment contracts if any or in the letter of appointment. The Establishment shall provide the Worker with an organogram along with their Service Rules and the same organogram must specify the category of Workers, their numbers, etc. However, under the law, the Worker shall be given an appointment letter. It is important to understand the nature of the job which is decisive in categorizing the Workers and not the category that has been
given or tagged to him. The law focuses on the job and not on the individual person to decide what the
category of that Worker is.